The last two months have been a real slog as I’ve worked through the edits on my next book. I’m happy to report that I’m in the home stretch on those. What makes me even happier is that I have a blurb ready to go.
The truth about the blurb. As I’ve stated many times, I’m terrible at them. This time, I tried something new. I asked a couple of my beta readers to help me out. Jennifer Sasnett asked if I’d mind if she gave it a shot after reading my first (terrible/rotten/Gawdddd awful) attempt. At the same time, I asked Ann R. Stephens if she’d be willing to read the rough manuscript and take a shot at writing one. Ann posts about the books she reads on Facebook and is great at providing a few short sentences about each one. I used pieces from each of their descriptions, and I’m happy with the result.
Thank you, Jennifer and Ann for your help.
This book proved just as difficult to title, but thanks to Bill Peterson, I’ve got that covered too. Thanks, boss! Dean is working on another awesome cover, and Marcia is still giggling and pointing at my sentence structure. I’m hopeful that in a few short weeks, VAPOR POINT will be ready to go. Thanks for staying tuned.
Leave a Reply